Tuesday, February 22, 2011

How a House Fly Enlightened Me

Today in class I watched as a fly landed a girl's back. There is stayed, and to my dismay, it did not move or fly. So I prodded and poked at it. Frustrated at it's serene and placid nature, I continued to distress it, until finally it fell to the floor. The girl did not mind my intrusion after the situation was explained. And as for the fly, well it just laid there. Occasionally dragging it's fragile wings and it's small body as far as it's little legs would take it. Then is stopped and took a "nap". A permanent nap, never again to fly, never again to be disturbed. The fly's life was no different from the lives we lead. We're continuously pried at, never allowed a break. God forbid if that were to be the case. After all, rest is for the weary, sleep is for the dead.  

No comments:

Post a Comment