Monday, February 28, 2011

What I Had Was Enough

I remember when I was kid I was never happy with the small apartment my family lived in, I was never happy with the cars we had, or the size of our television. I wish I knew what I know now, and that would be, what we had was enough. The times we had in that apartment, whether it be playing with the neighborhood kids, taking walks to the local convenience store, or running along creeks was enough for me. The magical places those dingy cars took us was enough. The television shows and countless movies we watched was enough. What really mattered was who was around the television, rather then the size of it. I wish I knew what I know now. What we had was enough. Now my family lives in a nice big home, and we have a large tele, and much more. But it seems as though we still rely on that small television tucked away in my room, or that run down van that still takes us to wherever we like. Everything was enough for my family and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment