Saturday, April 16, 2011

Full Moon

Nights like these when the moon is full and at it's peak, shining with a melancholic radiance, I think of you. What's it like over there? Sometimes I forget about you and feel guilty, it isn't right you know? Forgetting about someone. I take great comfort in knowing that we are under the same moon. And when I'm looking up at that big, bright, pure mass of rock floating in the night sky, I can't help but wonder if you're looking too. I suppose this is a great time to tell you I've fallen for this guy down the street, but he's far too old for me. I'm sure he thinks I'm crazy now because I stood in the driveway for about five minutes just staring at the full moon. Oh he saw me alright. He's garage was open and he was walking in and out, so the chances are high that he saw an Asian fool looking up at the moon searching for answers. The moon to you is probably different. It's probably more beautiful, sprinkled with craters and surrounded by glistening stars. Lighting the sidewalk of a quiet city. It's more beautiful, isn't it? Not a touch of sadness. Goodnight guy from down the street. Goodnight moon. And goodnight old friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment