Saturday, April 2, 2011

I Once Dreamt. . .

I once dreamt I fell in love with you. The darkness of sleep fading into bright reds and oranges and yellows. The scenery pouring in with large oak trees and benches and grass. It's been going on for months now, us sitting on a bench like an old couple. Your deep red lipstick burning the fairness of your ivory skin and big brown eyes. My hands softly caressing each and every bit of your small tender hands. So softly as if these fragile limps would fall off any minute. The way your dress would flow with the warm summer breeze kept me in a trance and your smile delivered the final blow. The fatal ending. I knew I couldn't be with you. I knew it wasn't true. But something kept me arrested in your presence. Something about your sandy blonde hair. Something about your laugh. Something about. About. About. There came a violent jolt and the surrounding buildings collapsed into rumble. The ground split and swallowed the trees and the fountain and the benches. The air was filled with a hideous siren as pedestrians attempted to defy their dismal fates. And there you stood with an eerie calmness across your enigmatic face. Not one shred of remorse just calmness as the earth pulled me away from you. Into the dirt and slowly back into the darkness.   

No comments:

Post a Comment