Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Lucas

I could have sworn I was awake when we were looking at the clouds float by. We were aimlessly discussing how they were taking the form of giraffes and turtles and blobs. You pointed at a cloud off to my left and I concentrated hard as you insisted it looked like an elephant. That's when you kissed my cheek for the first time. My first kiss, stolen from me, while watching clouds. Funny isn't it? I didn't know what to do, but smile and we continued as if nothing happened. Then the scenery quickly morphed into an elevator and as I darted for the numbers pushing all that I could, I felt that this world was real and being with you was natural. You and I, along with a few others were trapped in that elevator for awhile but it released us into yet another scene. A mall this time. I saw my friends and walked over to them, there was a slight breeze and I remember was feeling cold, suddenly I had a sweater in hand and was about to slip it on when you rubbed my back and held me close. With your arms around me keeping me warm, I couldn't help but smile. The last thing and probably the most distressing, was that you received a phone call. You told me to go on ahead and you'll meet me soon, without a second thought I greeted my friends and there you were in the background, quietly talking on the phone and sneaking a smile or two every glance I gave you. I wish it could have lasted longer. Good bye, Lucas.

No comments:

Post a Comment