Friday, March 4, 2011

Ce Soir

You have been gone for so long. And tonight I will steal you back. Drunken with sleep, I will raise from my bed, hopelessly, vainly searching for you. You have been gone for far too long, I desperately need you. Desperately need to steal you back into my arms. My footsteps are almost mechanical, one foot right after the other. No, it won't be glorious and no, it won't be romantic, but I can assure you that it will be right. My eyes shift feverishly back and forth scanning the darkness for you. Yes, I may regret this and yes, you may be ashamed, but nobody ever said it would be easy. No matter how hard I search, the song remains the same. Hideous mockeries thrown themselves onto my path, but I know that they'll never come close to your deep brown eyes and jet black hair. I have grown weary of our dance and it seems as if my feet are betraying me. My soul is betraying me. Tonight I will steal you back, even for just a second.

No comments:

Post a Comment