Thursday, March 24, 2011

To: JG

You were brave in my eyes. You made me feel comfortable in my own skin. I was never afraid of sounding, looking, or acting gay when I was around you. I thought you felt the same. You were so strong in my eyes, so outgoing, and had the most admirable attitude towards your surroundings. What happened? Where have you gone? What happened to the J I knew. The J who wasn't afraid to hug me or kiss my knuckles in Biology. The J who played the guitar but really that wasn't too important because it really isn't true talent. Anyways, I missed you. What are you so scared of? You shouldn't hide behind countless women in attempts to cement your heterosexual facade. I believe you're the first guy to ever make me feel proud to be gay. You were brave for me, and now it's my turn to be brave for you. I know it's hard now, but it gets better, I promise. And right now you may think having a girlfriend will make those incessant thoughts about men burn away, but it doesn't. And if you ever contemplated suicide, it isn't worth it. Sure I will never know what you have been through, but then again you don't know what I have been through. And you will certainly never know how you helped me. So it's my turn now. If by some strange sequence of events brings you here, to this very letter, don't doubt that this is addressed to you, JG.

-SC

No comments:

Post a Comment