Monday, March 21, 2011

Handle With Care

When the world is fast asleep and we're the only ones awake whispering under the sheets, contemplating blues and Motown, that's when I love you the most. Every time we take midnight walks around the city for inspiration or long drives to nowhere in particular, that's when I remember why I fallen in love with you. Whenever your forehead crinkles and your eyebrows furrow when you're sitting at your "studio" staring at a blank sketchbook, and I leaning forward quietly click, click, clicking away at my typewriter are the moments I enjoy most. It wasn't waking up early on Saturday mornings to make blueberry pancakes in our small kitchen that made my happy, it was being tangled in our small kitchen trying to our best to cook and you sneaking in little kisses every now and then. Our dreams were so much bigger than that small apartment and our love was. . .vast. What comes next will sound cliche but nevertheless true. You gave me company when everyone else left me. You were there when I was my weakest and stayed with me when I was at my peak. And you're probably laughing to yourself, thinking, "I can't believe he could be so cheesy!". But understand that this is real and everyday without you is an eternity. A lonely eternity filled with glory and power but no one to share it with.
                 
                   Love, Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment