Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thoughts About Finals

I have never worried about mid terms and finals. Until now. I'm taking my Algebra II mid term tomorrow and this can make or break me. On the discussion about fear and grades, I couldn't help but think (And been influenced by Lily) that grades don't define my intelligence, my capabilities, or my life. All I hear my friends talk about is how good their grades are but to be frank, they're not as smart as their grades reveal them to be. I believe the only time a person is truly smart is when they are able to be creative. Whether it be in music, film, art, writing, I view the creative arts as what ultimately defines your intelligence. The creative art forces you to drop all preconceived notions of the surrounding world and urges you to think deeper. It truly is beautiful when a mind is worked to it's fullest potential through the creative arts.

No comments:

Post a Comment