Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Dance the Night Away

I feel like dancing SO HARD that I'll forget my problems. I feel like dancing so hard that my friends will leave me. I feel like dancing so hard that a magical puff of smoke engulfs me as I get dangerously close to falling, only to transport me to a wonderland with other dancers. I want to dance to Ke$ha and Lady Gaga and Ciara. I want to dance to Ella Fitzgerald and Diana Ross and Frank Sinatra. I want to tango, spazz, and waltz my way across the dance floor, bedroom, or public area. I just want to dance until my back CRACKS and I need to take a rest then rise once more to keep shaking and moving and swaying. Right now, this very moment I could careless what you think, I had to deal with you guys my whole life. Fake friends, fatal mistakes, family problems, false identities. And enough is enough. Just let me dance! Then when all is done and the music dies, leave me alone. Let me crawl my way back home. Sneak through the back door and rip open those sheets then greedily snatch the pillows. Let me go to sleep in peace, just this once. No fighting, no tears, no complications. Only pure, unadulterated sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment