Thursday, March 17, 2011

Respect?

This is my final plea, my final cry for salvation. My family has deserted me, I realized my friends were nothing but pawns and I have begun the slow descent into solitary madness. My mother's swift Cantonese hit me hard. In a quick snarl she was able to strike me with a million daggers and all I heard was, "No matter how educated you are, if you don't respect your parents, you are useless." Respect? Respect is what she asked for! After forcing myself into sciences and rigorous curriculum just to please them, to fill their mold of what they wanted me to be, they'll turn their backs on me and render me useless? After the countless nights I wished them safe trips and wished them a good night they would snap back at my pleas for company, my longing to be desired? My friends are no better, I assert my presence and speak my opinion only to be ignored and rejected. I have no where else to turn to, but I won't go. I willing to take the risks. If it means getting my feelings across, I am willing to take a million more daggers to the heart. If it means another one of my bridges will crackle and pop under the flames of unconventional thinking, I will do it again. Just know that when I'm long gone that what I did was out of love and the fear that I will loose it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment