Sunday, March 27, 2011

Strangers in the Night

Do you remember how we met? It was exactly like Sinatra's "Strangers in the Night". I was out for an evening walk to clear my mind and you happened to be doing the same. I always thought of what would have become of us if we never met. If I never occupied the other end of the bench and if you never offered me a bedtime story. If you never invited me for a glass of gin and tonic and if I have never passed out on your couch. Things would have been desolate without you, just like this battlefield. This may be a foolish question, but have you ever had a chance to go out and see the stars? Have you had the chance to forget about me and this War and all the warnings? Have you had the chance to take those nightly walks again? It's silly to ask, I know. After all The Orderlies would not permit such a crime. I miss the times before The War. Before the poison of The War seeped into the minds of everyone. I hope to hear from you soon.

Stay safe my love,
           Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment